Areas of special expertise and attention
- Provide second opinion on RFEs and Denials
with discussions on viable, cost-effective and timely alternatives.
- Conduct in-house audits to verify I-9, LCAs, worksite compliance issues and H1B dependent employer obligations.
- Provide practical guidance and visa options
when H1B visa holders overstay visas or are
out of status (employers do not file for visa extensions or when the employment is terminated).
- Counsel clients on the impact of DUI/shoplifting or miscellaneous criminal arrests or convictions. Negotiate with the State/Federal District Attorney offices to minimize sentences so the immigration statutes are not negatively impacted.
- Respond to USCIS requests for further evidence, including aggressively responding to RFEs based on the December memos and the Nuefeld Memo to get petitions approved.
- Counsel and filing of Appeals and Motions to Reopen before the Service and the Administrative Appeals Unit. File in federal court when needed.
- Correspond and negotiate with consulates to respond to 221(g) letters and employees stuck indefinitely due to security/background checks.
- Negotiate with border officers when employees returning from overseas trips are stopped by the border officer.
- Respond to the Department of Labor PERM audit notices, handle issues caused by layoffs while PERM applications are pending, handle Appeals when necessary and supervise recruitment after PERM denials.
- Handle Department of Labor, USCIS, ICE onsite and offsite visits, investigations, LCA obligations and I-9 audits.
- Monitor files and send email reminders to ensure all deadlines for extensions are met.
- Process temporary and permanent residence applications based on employment. File Non Immigrant Visas including H1B1, H1, H2, Inter-company transferee visas (L1A and L1B), investor visas (E1, E2) work visas for Australians (E3), temporary visas (B1 and B2); Exceptional people (O category), TN visas under NAFTA.
- File permanent residency petitions in the EB1, EB2, EB3 and investor categories.
- File PERM labor certifications.
- Help family members obtain dependent visas, student F1 visas and work permits.
- File extensions, change of status and provide guidance and handle all levels
of fraud inquiries at consulates overseas.
- Aid in international travel including corresponding with BCP/Customs/ICE officers to ensure employees can travel without undue delay or harassment.
- File EB1 green cards with sponsorship/NIWs for researchers, scientists and exceptional ability individuals.
- Work with consulates to allow client inclusion into Business Executive Programs.
Related Corporate Services
- Advise and establish U.S. offices for foreign/multinational corporations including filing for incorporations, branch offices, subsidiaries and affiliate entities. Advise on state, federal and city laws, regulations and local ordinances pertaining to newly formed businesses.
- Negotiate and review business contracts.
- Aid corporate clients in migrating offices or opening branch offices in several
Asian countries including setting up the offices and complying with all legal requirements.
- Negotiate contracts with Foreign Service provider on behalf of U.S. clients.
- Aid U.S. employees being sent overseas by obtaining visas for work in
Health Care Immigration
- Help medical residents obtain J1 and H1B visas and apply for J1 visa waivers.
- File NIV Waivers for physicians, correspond with waiver sponsors.
- Assist (through offices and affiliates in Asia) client health care facilities in facilitating immigration of nurses, physical therapists and other health care workers as required.
- Secure green cards and temporary visas for nurses and physical therapists.
- Prepare family-based permanent residence petitions, fiancé visas, apply
- Contest adjustment of status denials, file hardship waivers.
- File for citizenship, help prepare for the interview and accompany clients
to the interview.