BA in English Literature (Honors), University of Delhi, 1991
Honors and Awards
- Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Immigration (Worldwide) – 2015
Who’s Who Legal identifies and publishes names of the top 500 attorneys in their fields worldwide. We are honored to be included!
- Top Attorney – Immigration Award with Avvo Rating of “Superb” – 2013, 2014 & 2015
Avvo has rated over 97% of U.S. attorneys. Ratings based on attorney accomplishments, awards, peer recognition and client reviews. In addition to the Top Attorney (Immigration) Award, we earned a “10” for the past several years, the highest recognition awarded.
- AI: Best in Sector Performance for Immigration (US)-2015
The Award recognizes the lawfirm’s performance in the past 12 months.
- Corporate Livewire’s Global Award: Immigration-2015
The Corporate LiveWire Awards represent the pinnacle of business achievement, championing the global “best in their fields” in the most important sectors of business and law. The culmination of the awards is the Global Award, bestowed on business and legal leaders who have proven their excellence throughout the year and years past.
- Acquisition International GMIL Award: Best for Entrepreneur Focused Relocation – USA, 2015
Acquisition International’s Awards are given annually, the recipient chosen from globally recognized leaders in their fields. The awards are based solely on merit, excellence and performance in the business, legal, financial and investment communities worldwide.
- Global Mobility, Immigration and Logistics Awards: Best for Nationality Law – New York, 2015
The 2015 Global Mobility, Immigration and Logistics program is focused firmly on industry leaders who have performed at a consistently high level and delivered – on a daily basis – truly exceptional results over the past year.
- 2014 Entrepreneur Focused Relocation Firm of the Year (US) – from the prestigious Acquisition International’s Global Mobility and Immigration Awards
- Avvo Clients’ Choice Award – 2013 & 2014
- Listed in Who’s Who in America – from 2008 through 2015
- Indian Business Community Leader Recognition
- Dean’s Award for Scholastic Excellence & Summa Cum Laude, DePaul University (Undergraduate)
- Silver Medalist: Delhi University, award presented by Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma, the eventual President of India
- The National Advocates Top 100 Lawyers
The National Advocates is an invitation-only professional organization comprised of the Top 100 attorneys from each state. Members are chosen based on superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence and performance in their areas of specialty. This exclusive organization provides the highest quality advocacy training for lawyers across the nation.
Mensa is the international high IQ society offering membership to individuals who score in the top 2% on IQ tests. Anu has been a member for the past 20 years.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Officer/Liaison to USCIS Committee (Past)
AILA is one of the largest national association of immigration lawyers in the U.S. providing resources for attorneys and a powerful legal voice for immigrants. Anu served as its Liaison Officer to the USCIS Vermont Service Center in 2012
- American Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- South Asian Bar Association (New England Chapter Member)
- Several industry associations, such as TiE (New England), Nasscom and the National Association of Professional Women
In the News (Among Others)
- Channel 4 (KRON, San Francisco): Interviewed on evening news as Indian Community Leader for views on immigration rallies
Anu appeared on Channel 4’s News at 5 to share her views on immigration rallies.
- San Jose Mercury News: Quoted heavily in special edition section on immigration and the impact of foreign labor influx
Anu was heavily quoted in San Jose Mercury News newspaper’s special two-page centerfold feature article on immigration.
- Several other websites, radio shows, local newspapers and magazines.
Scholarly Writings and Publications
Articles in these publications:
- India Post
- Ajit Weekly
- Divya Bhaskar
- Silicon India
- India Currents
- India West
- Various websites
Non-exhaustive list of legal articles and publications:
- New Rules on Travelling Abroad When H1B Transfer Position is Pending
- Who Does the LIFE Act Apply to?
- Effect of Corporate Mergers/Restructuring on H1B Employees
- Adjustment of Status Under 245(i)
- Why Does a Laid-Off H1B Holder Have to Leave the US or File Another H1 Before Being Laid-Off?
- Affidavit of Support: Who Needs to Fill It?
- Non Payment of Wages to H1B
- Life Act vs. Amnesty Provision
- Travel While H1 Transfer is Pending?
- Filing for a Fiancée from India
- How Can a Canadian LPR Visit the US?
- When the Labor Condition Application is Filed After the H1 Petition
- Permanent Residency for Priests
- Categories of Employment Based Green Card
- Engaged to an Indian? How to File for Her
- What is the TTS Drop Box at the Consulate?
- Department of Labor: H1B Dependent Employers
- Change of Status From a Tourist Visa to Green Card
- Starting a Company on a H1
- Internet Taxation
- Changing Employers when Green Card is Pending
- How to choose between H1 and L1
- Change in the Employer-Corporation While Green Card is Pending
- Found Pirated Software in the Office
- What is an L1 Visa?
- Options When H4 Not Extended Before Expiry
- Effect of Criminal Conviction on a Pending Green Card
- How to File for a Green Card for Canada
- Can Canadians Get Tourist Visas?
- Can a Green Card Holder Stay Out for 2 Years?
- Employer’s Responsibilities Under the Labor Condition Application
- Getting a Visa Issued at a US Consulate in Canada
- How to Stay Beyond 6 Years on a H1
- When Filing an H1, Is There Need to List all the Work Locations on an LCA?
- How to Transfer Pending Green Card to New Employer
- Filing an H1 for a Tech Consultant Without a Client
- How Can a Small Company Hire H1 Employees?
- Tourist Visas
- Processing Time for a Fiancée Visa
- Filing for a H1-What happens When Prevailing Wage is Higher Than Actual Salary
- Should I File an H1 or J1 for Medical Residency?
- How to Get a B1 at a Consulate
- What to do When There is a Change in H1 Holder’s Job Description
- Legalities of Sending Consultants to Work in the US on a Business Visa
- Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing?