H1B holder changes jobs: Is H4 extension also needed?

Question: My husband changed his employer recently. The new employer filed for his H1 transfer. They did not file to extend my H4 visa. My H4 visa is valid for another two years but shows the name of my husband’s previous employer. Do I need to file for a H4 again?

Answer: No you do not need to file till a few months before your H4 visa expires. Your H4 visa is not dependent on your husband’s employer. It is dependent on our husband’s status. As long as your husband has a valid H1, your H4 is valid (till the expiry stated on your H4 visa).


This entry was posted in H1, H4: Dependent Family Members, Our Blog. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed. Please contact us