We both have H1s – can I also be my husband’s dependent?

Question: Both my husband and I have H1 visas. My husband’s employer filed for his green card. Can I still be included in my husband’s green card process as a dependent?

Answer: Yes, you can. As long as you are married, you can file as a derivative beneficiary to any employment based green card that your spouse files. Your non immigrant status does not matter.


This entry was posted in H1, H4: Dependent Family Members, Our Blog. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed. Please contact us