When changing from F1 to H1, also change F2 to H4?

Question: I was on an F1 (student) visa. I recently filed for an H1 that will start on October 1. Does my wife need to change her status from F2 to H4?

Answer. Yes, she must. You can file for a change of status for her while she is in the U.S. She can also travel outside, go to a consulate and have the H4 stamped for her.


This entry was posted in H1, H4: Dependent Family Members, Our Blog. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed. Please contact us