H4 vs. F1 visa for college study

Question: I am on an H4. Do I need to change my status to an F1 visa if I want to study?

Answer: You can study under either H4 or F1 visas. However, if you change to a F1 visa, you will be allowed to work using your CPT after the first year. You will also be able to get a 1 year OPT that will allow you to work after you graduate.


This entry was posted in H1, H4: Dependent Family Members, Our Blog. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed. Please contact us