Investing allowed on H4 visa?

Question: I am presently on an H4 visa. Can I open up a business with a U.S. citizen? Can I invest financially? If yes, do I then have to step back and not be physically involved in the operations? What if I volunteer my services? In return, can I get non-monetary compensation – such as a stay in the business’s guest house or drive the business’s car?

Answer: All of these are considered compensation. While on an H4 you cannot work.


This entry was posted in H1, H4: Dependent Family Members, Our Blog. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed. Please contact us