Same last name for dependent family members?

Question: I am applying for an H4 visa. Should my husband’s name be in my passport? Do I need to have the same last name?

Answer: It is recommended that your husband’s name be listed in your passport when you apply for an H4 visa. If you recently got married and it is not possible, take your marriage certificate, photos and any other evidence you have to prove that you are legally married. You do not need to have the same last name.


This entry was posted in H1, H4: Dependent Family Members, Our Blog. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed. Please contact us