Getting original documents back from the consulate

Question: I attended a visa interview yesterday. However, the consular officer didn’t return my original visa approval notice, my college degrees or marriage certificate. How do I get them back?

Answer: The consular officer should have returned the documents to you at the end of the interview. If he forgets, you can request that they be returned. If the documents are left behind, the consulate will mail them to your address. If you do not get them in the mail, you can go back to the information desk at the consulate and request they be returned.


This entry was posted in H1, H1 Visa Stamping: Consulate Processes, Our Blog. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed. Please contact us