How do I go to work for another H1 employer while on an H1 visa?

Question: I am looking to transfer my H1B visa from Company A to Company B. Could you please let me know the steps that follow, the documents required and an estimate time for me to get my new H1B visa from Company B?

Answer: Your new employer needs to file a transfer H1B petition for you. You can start working once the transfer petition is accepted for processing by the CIS and is receipted. Time: It generally takes an attorney’s office seven days to file since we are required to file the H1 with a certified LCA, which takes seven days. After receiving the petition, CIS takes between two days and a few weeks to issue a receipt notice. You are allowed to start work at that time. The petition is generally approved within 2-6 months.


This entry was posted in H1, Our Blog, Transfer from H1 to H1. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed. Please contact us