Is change of status possible if student did not maintain F1 status?

Question: Will it impact the H1B if I did not maintain F1 status? I was working on the CPT and reduced the number of courses I was taking. Academic advisor says I did not maintain F1 status because I was not enrolled as a full-time student.

Answer: You should try to get reinstated. Once you are reinstated, you are in legal F1 status. Maintain this status till September 30 so you can change status to a H1. If you cannot prove that you are currently in legal status, you will need to leave the U.S., return to your home country to have the H1 stamped before you can start working on the H1.


This entry was posted in Change of Status: F1 to H1, H1, Our Blog. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed. Please contact us