If I travel after H1 work started, do I need visa stamp to return to U.S.?

Question: I changed my status from F1 to a H1B while in the U.S. If I travel now, do I need to have my H1 stamped in my passport before I return to the U.S.?

Answer: Yes. If you have changed your status and do not have your current visa stamped in your passport, you will need to go to a U.S. consulate to have that visa stamped before you can return to the U.S. The consulate will ask you for evidence to prove that you changed status legally in the U.S. and that you were not out of status at any time while in the U.S.


This entry was posted in Change of Status: F1 to H1, H1, Our Blog. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed. Please contact us