Travel while F1 to H1 is pending

Question: I have filed for a status change from F1 to H1. Can I travel outside the U.S. and come back?

Answer: Generally, it is not a good idea to travel while a change of status is pending. If the case is approved while you are outside the country, you will need to get the visa issued at a consulate before you can return to the U.S. on that status.


This entry was posted in Change of Status: F1 to H1, H1, Our Blog. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed. Please contact us