Visa for Canadian green card holder visiting U.S.

Question: I am a permanent resident of Canada. Can I just cross the border, or do I need a visa to visit the U.S.? If I need to get a visa, where do I apply and what should I take with me to the interview?

Answer: If you are a permanent resident of Canada, but not a citizen, you will be required to obtain a visa to visit the U.S. You can obtain a B2 tourist visa at any American Consulate in Canada. Typically, a B2 visa is given for a period of six months, one year, five years or 10 years, depending on what the visa officer perceives your need for the visa is. If the visa is for more than six months, you may obtain a multiple entry visa, i.e., you may visit the U.S. on more than one occasion.


This entry was posted in Others. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed. Please contact us