K1 visa: U.S. citizen bringing fiancée to get married in U.S.

Question: I just got engaged to a girl in India. I was born and grew up in the U.S. How do I get my fiancée to the U.S. to get married?

Answer: U.S. citizens can bring their fiancées to the US to get married. You will need to prove that you are genuinely engaged to be married. Ideally, you should have met in person and there should be a period of “courtship.” Since a lot of traditional Indian families “arrange” marriages, proof of that is acceptable as well. You must have met in person and been engaged in person. You will also need to prove that you can support your fiancée during her trip to the U.S.



This entry was posted in Family Based, K1 and V1 Visa. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed. Please contact us