Inviting family member on tourist B1 visa

Question: My daughter is in India and has most of her documents ready to attend an interview for a B1 visa. I was wondering if I could post an invitation card for my youngest son’s 21st birthday instead of writing a formal letter of invitation to my daughter to take to the interview. Please inform which is best.

Answer: You should still write a formal invitation stating the purpose of his visit, that it is short-term, and your intention to provide room, board and financial assistance while your daughter is in the U.S. You should also send an affidavit of support proving your ability to support her.


This entry was posted in B1 Visa, Question of the week. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed. Please contact us