H1B approved for seventh year when PERM LC not pending for one year

“I am indebted to her.” – Chandra

When we started the process of  filing my seventh year H1 extension, we found that my labor certification filing date was 364 days before the H1 sixth-year expired. The rules require that the labor certification be filed 365 days before we file for a seventh-year extension of an H1. In short, I was one day short of being able to file for a seventh-year extension! My wife does not work. We own a house in the U.S. Our kids go to school and it was the middle of the school year.

Anu went over my record over again to find something we could use. I had gone to Canada to have my visa stamped. I had gone one day and returned the next day. Anu called the Supervisor of the Business Services Section of the California Service Center and convinced them to count the period I was out as two days. This allowed us to get an H1 visa approved for one day and then to file an H1 extension for the seventh year.

I was on the verge of putting my house on the market and leaving the country! Anu told me and our company’s senior partner that she would find a way to keep me here, and she did. It was a very difficult time for me and my family, but she saved the day. I am indebted to her.

Chandra, Partner

Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed. Please contact us